Programming Magic Club
Grade Level – Students who are currently in grades 3 to 8
Prerequisites – Knowing how to use a computer
This course is for students with little to No programming ability. Students will be introduced to the basic concepts of programming using a combination of Python and/or Scratch programming languages. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Have an introduction to how computer applications are created
- Understand how to break a big problem into small steps in order to reach a solution
- Learn pseudo code including how to think like a programmer
- Develop knowledge of core coding concepts including: if-else statements, loops, functions, etc
- Plan, design, and code a project using Python and/or Scratch.
Note: The content of the class is modified based on the need of each student. Thus, each class is different and taking the course for more than one week will offer new advancement.